What Ifs of Jewish History: A Great Hanukkah/Christmas Gift!

So I won't attempt to answer the question, "What if the rebellion of the Maccabees had failed to defeat the Seleucid regime of King Antiochus IV in Judea in the years 167-160 BCE?" But with Hanukkah and Christmas around the corner, isn't it worth asking yourself whether any of your friends or family members would appreciate the gift of an intriguing book for the holidays?


I am a pure amateur at marketing, advertising, and generally monetizing anything having to do with counterfactual history.  But given the fact that What Ifs of Jewish History has just appeared in time to make a wonderful Hanukkah/Christmas stocking/kippah stuffer (sorry for the mixed metaphors), I thought it wouldn't hurt to see what happens when I mention the book on The Counterfactual History Review in conjunction with other commonly-Googled phrases, such as "Hanukkah gift," "Hanukkah presents," "great books for Hanukkah," "great Christmas books, "great Christmas presents," and so forth.

I don't know whether or not the algorithm gremlins at Google will list What Ifs of Jewish History among the hits that web users will get when searching for great holiday gifts.  But I figure it's worth a try.

Come to think of it, the Maccabee question would be a great ancient history question to include in volume II of What Ifs of Jewish History (should there be enough interest in volume I, that is).

For my part, I just ordered a few holiday gifts for myself:  James Gleick's Time Travel: A History and Philip K. Dick's Eye in the Sky (which I've never read).

Happy holiday shopping to all, and to all a good read....

Comments